Competitive, negotiable salary & excellent company benefits
Trafford Park (5-minute walk from Media City)
Do you have top-notch financial reporting skills with plenty of experience reviewing financial data and suggesting areas for improvement?
Do you have experience monitoring the day-to-day financial activities of a company, including payroll, invoicing and cashflow?
If you consider yourself a top Finance Manager who’s always had an interest in technology, we could have the perfect new role for you.
Since we launched ten years ago, the Apadmi team has built a reputation and client base that we think means we can rightly call ourselves the best in the UK.
We work with some of the biggest brands; from app developments to huge digital transformations, we help our clients make things better with mobile technology – but none of that can happen without a strong accounts department.
Right now, we’re on the lookout for a new Finance Manager, who’ll be responsible for maintaining and producing accurate financial records, and reporting these in accordance with statutory regulations.
You’ll work alongside other key stakeholders within the business, and help take our company performance to the next level.
What you’ll do
Reporting to our Finance Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as line manager for other finance department employees
- Monitoring day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, cashflow and other transactions
- Maintaining the company’s financial forecasting model for a minimum 3-year period, taking responsibility for the preparation and tracking of annual budgets and reporting on key variances
- Reviewing financial data, preparing monthly/annual reports for consolidated Group accounts
- Preparing quarterly R&D reports, liaising with the accountants (both in-house and external) at year end for submission to HMRC
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns to meet required deadlines
- Tracking the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Provide training to non-financial department heads and others as required, ensuring your own skillset is up to date where possible including technological advances and accounting software
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company, understanding and adhering to financial regulations and legislation
What we need
- At least 4 years’ experience of working in a finance environment
- A recognized accountancy qualification such as AAT or CIMA
- An understanding of accountancy principles and payroll practice, along with strong administration skills and a comprehensive knowledge of payroll systems, taxation/national insurance rules and pension scheme administration
- You should be computer literate, able to produce reports and statistical data, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package
- Proven experience of using Xero software to include Accounts and Payroll
But while we care about hiring highly-qualified team members, we’re also interested in your personality.
As our new Finance Manager, we’ll expect you to work collaboratively and in a supportive way within the business, but we’ll also expect you to be an ambitious, passionate individual who participates in regular training to ensure the strongest skillset.
We’d like you to:
- Be self-driven, results-orientated and with a positive outlook
- Be a team-player, able to work collaboratively with other members of the Business Operations team, covering for other roles during their holidays or sickness
- Help us maintain a safe workplace in-line with the company’s Health and Safety Policy, reporting any issues
- Be mature, credible and comfortable when dealing with our Executive Management Team/Directors
- Forge strong working relationships – always professional, but approachable and personable with your colleagues
- Be a natural forward-planner, able to spot potential issues that could hinder project delivery
- Multi-task, using your top organisational skills to prioritise workload and team tasks
Why would you want to work at Apadmi?
We’ll never shun your ideas – if you think there’s a way we could improve our project operations, we want to hear it! We’ll expect you to actively participate in team meetings, so don’t be afraid of making suggestions.
We’re also rapidly expanding, so there are plenty of opportunities to progress within the Apadmi network, and participating in the Apadmi’s appraisal process with regular goals will help make that happen.
Aside from this though, we’ll offer you plenty of benefits. To give you a taster, they include:
If becoming our new Finance Manager sounds like the perfect fit for you, send across your CV for more information…